Superbowl hafltime show

General discussion about *music* in Western New York.

Moderator: Admin Team

sevenyearsdown
Admin Team

Superbowl hafltime show

Postby sevenyearsdown » February 4th, 2014, 12:12pm

So it's lip synced and I admit I have no idea who Bruno Mars is, but it was entertaining. Sure it was a James Brown rip, but if you're trying to put on a show - who better to rip off. It was the first time I paid attention since Prince was on. They should just pay Prince to do it every year, or have Beyonce up there dry humping the stage.

Oh and uh, the RHCP were about as lame as can be. Anthony Kedis needs punched in the dick.

STEVUS JR.

Re: Superbowl hafltime show

Postby STEVUS JR. » February 4th, 2014, 12:22pm

There's a picture someone put on facebook, that shows a close-up of Flea's bass not plugged into anything.
http://soundcloud.com/a-phoenix-rising/3-p-s-test-5-mp3
Bullpucky. Aren't you like, really old, and a veteran of the '90s Buffalo original music scene?
" Guitardude"

sevenyearsdown
Admin Team

Postby sevenyearsdown » February 4th, 2014, 12:32pm

STEVUS JR. wrote:There's a picture someone put on facebook, that shows a close-up of Flea's bass not plugged into anything.

Yeah I think everyone knows it's not a live music performance. I just look at it as a music video or a vegas style show or something. For what it is, I thought Bruno Mars did a good job.

I'd much rather see that than a 90 year old Pete Townshend faking windmill guitar licks or an anorexic Madonna trying to pull of something she did when she was 25.

guitardude
threatened you on page 8

Postby guitardude » February 4th, 2014, 12:45pm

I thought it was the best part of the "game" this year. I don't really care about the lip synching (or air guitar, whatever). If I were at a concert in person and that was going on I'd be bummed. But for this, not a big deal to me. On the other hand, I guess I wouldn't really say they were great live, because how can you really judge it if they're not actually playing?

But I like some Bruno Mars songs, my wife has one of the cds and there's some pretty good stuff on there imo. It's not earth-shattering, ground-breaking music, but it's definitely catchy and more than listenable; to me anyway.

I didn't really see the point of RHCP being there for what, part of one song? I like some of their tunes too; just seemed like a lot of hype for not much of anything.

yellow ed
Fairly Handsome Overloard

Postby yellow ed » February 4th, 2014, 2:13pm

It's Bruno Mars and the Chili Peppers, who gives a fuck if it's all faked/pre-recorded/triggered drums, they still suck.

My only disappointment is the Seahawks couldn't achieve the first shut out in Super Bowl history.
They can take our xpatsxpats, but they can never take our FREEDOM!!!!!

donkeypunch
mustard tiger

Postby donkeypunch » February 4th, 2014, 3:40pm

I WANT A GWAR HALFTIME SHOW WHERE THEY FEED MADONNA TO THE DRUM KIT !!!!!!!!!!!
"I've been told this and it's been proven by research - He who fucks Nuns will later join the Church"

STEVUS JR.

Postby STEVUS JR. » February 4th, 2014, 3:46pm

Yeah, It was better than some halftimes we've seen. Bruno was entertaining. GWAR would be sweet.
http://soundcloud.com/a-phoenix-rising/3-p-s-test-5-mp3
Bullpucky. Aren't you like, really old, and a veteran of the '90s Buffalo original music scene?
" Guitardude"

Ida
has opinions, so the rest of us don't have to....

Postby Ida » February 4th, 2014, 4:41pm

Do my eyes deceive me or are the WNYMusic "men" discussing the halftime show like a bunch of lil bitches?

Who cares? The Seahawks won. Football is done for another season. Yay Hockey!

guitardude
threatened you on page 8

Postby guitardude » February 4th, 2014, 5:00pm

Well, this is a music site. Kind of. And there was music during the halftime show. Kind of.

donkeypunch
mustard tiger

Postby donkeypunch » February 4th, 2014, 5:37pm

Ida wrote:Do my eyes deceive me or are the WNYMusic "men" discussing the halftime show like a bunch of lil bitches?

Who cares? The Seahawks won. Football is done for another season. Yay Hockey!

Seeing the Sabres lose every night is just as old as the fucking dumb winter. Golf dome on sunday I think, then maybe Kayak shopping. Spring motherfuckers.

Really thinking of doing a Rolling Stones project, about to have alot of spare time besides Minglewood.
"I've been told this and it's been proven by research - He who fucks Nuns will later join the Church"

drummerman

Postby drummerman » February 5th, 2014, 9:45am

Agreed on the Doug Allen comment. I didnt see the need to have the Chili Peppers there at all. Seriously, you're going to pretend to play for half a tune?? Why bother!
And put your shirts on for Christ sakes, how old are you? Horrible
Drummerman

All Change is Good
fancy book learnin talk

Postby All Change is Good » February 6th, 2014, 2:28pm

Sinister wrote:I'll go ahead and say it, even though Theresa will probably want to kill me for it.... I did not like the National Anthem. Nobody sings it better than Doug Allen..... nobody!

I don't want to kill you but would rather you undergo some intensive opera therapy wherein you are forced to listen to Cosi Fan Tutte until you appreciate that in Italian, all wife-swapping jokes are funny.
superbe bibit cervisiam in imbrem
http://www.TheresaQuinn.com

Sue
Welcoming Committee - Chairman

Postby Sue » February 6th, 2014, 2:51pm

Watch out guys, looks like Ida's having a "power surge."

Ida
has opinions, so the rest of us don't have to....

Postby Ida » February 6th, 2014, 11:29pm

Sue.. all real women have em.

Return to “Music Discussion”