Rush Concert

General discussion about *music* in Western New York.

Moderator: Admin Team

guitardude
threatened you on page 8

Rush Concert

Postby guitardude » June 11th, 2015, 10:07am

For starters...

(Copied from http://www.setlist.fm)

Set 1:
The World Is...The World Is
1.The Anarchist
2.The Wreckers
3.Headlong Flight
(with "Drumbastica" mini drum solo)
4.Far Cry
5.The Main Monkey Business
6.How It Is
7.Animate
8.Roll the Bones
9.Between the Wheels
10.Subdivisions

Set 2:
No Country for Old Hens
11.Tom Sawyer
12.The Camera Eye
13.The Spirit of Radio
14.Jacob's Ladder
15.Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres Part I: Prelude
16.Cygnus X-1
(The Voyage Part 1 & 3 with drum solo)
17.Closer to the Heart
18.Xanadu
19.2112 Part I: Overture
20.2112 Part II: The Temples of Syrinx
21.2112 Part IV: Presentation
22.2112 Part VII: Grand Finale
Encore:
Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy
23.Lakeside Park
24.Anthem
25.What You're Doing
26.Working Man
(with "Garden Road" outro)
Exit Stage Left

So Sweet
really needs to get a life

Re: Rush Concert

Postby So Sweet » June 11th, 2015, 10:56am

I was a little bummed the bumped Red Barchetta BUTTTTT godt damn that was an intense spectacle of awsomtisity and superior, finely tuned, tight as shit musicianship.

If you missed it punch yourself in the face.

guitardude
threatened you on page 8

Postby guitardude » June 11th, 2015, 2:02pm

So Sweet wrote:I was a little bummed the bumped Red Barchetta BUTTTTT godt damn that was an intense spectacle of awsomtisity and superior, finely tuned, tight as shit musicianship.

If you missed it punch yourself in the face.

Yeah, that would have been a good one to hear for sure. YYZ, Free Will; there were a bunch of others that I would have preferred over most of the ones that they played in the first set....I was originally (jokingly) hoping for nothing after the Signals album. I haven't really kept up with them after that album (which was, what, like 30 years ago?). I started listening to the more recent stuff over the last couple of weeks (Clockwork Angels and Snakes and Arrows) and I like a lot of it but I still prefer the older tunes.

Not to take too much away from the awesomeness of the show, though. I thought it was great. While I was watching/listening, I was thinking that there's nobody in the world that's better at this, nobody I know of anyway. And I doubt there would be. I kind of consider them in the proverbially league of their own.

And I thought the light show/visual effects were incredible, like nothing I've ever seen before.

Edit: Wait, didn't they play YYZ??!! I remeber hearing it last night.

So Sweet

Postby So Sweet » June 11th, 2015, 9:42pm

Nope,no yyz. The majority of shows I go to are jam related so people are standing and dancing most of the time. I liked that I could sit and just take it all in. Music, ligjts,video.... the entire production was just .... can't put the right word there.
I'm like you as far as newer stuff but I was surprised at how much I recognized. The ones I didn't I really liked.

guitardude
threatened you on page 8

Postby guitardude » June 12th, 2015, 9:34am

Yep. The stuff I could make out was good. The sound was brutul for a lot of it, mostly in the first set when I wasn't as familiar with the song. I think effects like chorus get lost in there.

So Sweet

Postby So Sweet » June 12th, 2015, 2:35pm

I was in Sec 100 row 16. Perfect view of everything but my ears are still ringing.

Ida
has opinions, so the rest of us don't have to....

Postby Ida » June 12th, 2015, 4:35pm

Great show! The sound was rather muddy from section 322, but eventually my ears adjusted if I plugged one. Great set list and it was cool to see them work their way backwards 40 years thru albums and downsize their gear on stage as they went. The washing machines always kills me! Other than that, I would like to thank the 6-8 tools that sat next to us and kept getting up to go to the powder room together or get double-fisted beers every 10 minutes. Seriously? It wasn't a sporting event, it was a concert! Sit yo ass down and listen! Had a guitardude sighting too.

donkeypunch
mustard tiger

Postby donkeypunch » June 18th, 2015, 11:37am

It was great....only saw the first half but it was everything I thought it would be....and I was in 322 as well IDA.
"I've been told this and it's been proven by research - He who fucks Nuns will later join the Church"

Return to “Music Discussion”