Buffalo the City

Be nice, keep it civil, have fun.

Moderator: Admin Team

donkeypunch
mustard tiger

Buffalo the City

Postby donkeypunch » May 29th, 2015, 12:42pm

So last month for the Hip we stayed at the Hotel Lafayette...so nice and fun. The rooms were like apartments and the bar down stairs was great. The baristas in the morning was an art form. Such a good time walking around the city all day bar hopping soaking in the feel of downtown in the afternoon, haven't done that in ages.

Really love Buffalo, we want to do that several more times this summer....any places we should not miss in the afternoon and night. I used to live in Allentown back in the day and was in downtown alot...of course it's all changed now but you get a feeling of something cool brewing there.

Go Buffalo!

"I've been told this and it's been proven by research - He who fucks Nuns will later join the Church"

sevenyearsdown
Admin Team

Re: Buffalo the City

Postby sevenyearsdown » May 29th, 2015, 1:31pm

It's much nicer and getting better all the time. When I first started playing out and hanging out in the early 90's, it was a fucking dump. Come a long way. Good to see.

donkeypunch
mustard tiger

Postby donkeypunch » May 29th, 2015, 2:00pm

still need to make it to a happy hour to see you but Fridays are tough early.
"I've been told this and it's been proven by research - He who fucks Nuns will later join the Church"

sevenyearsdown
Admin Team

Postby sevenyearsdown » May 29th, 2015, 2:15pm

Well we're playing like a million gigs this summer so I'm sure they'll be something you can get to. Try to catch us when we are a six piece if you haven't yet.

donkeypunch
mustard tiger

Postby donkeypunch » June 3rd, 2015, 5:16pm

I'm going to scream Play Mumford inbetween every song.

sevenyearsdown
Admin Team

Postby sevenyearsdown » June 4th, 2015, 7:37am

donkeypunch wrote:I'm going to scream Play Mumford inbetween every song.

I just roll with it when someone compares us to them. It's like, "hey they have a banjo player - they must be like Mumford and Bums!" Yep, 'cause some English pop band invented banjo playing - now buy me a beer.

yellow ed
Fairly Handsome Overloard

Postby yellow ed » June 4th, 2015, 12:23pm

donkeypunch wrote:So last month for the Hip we stayed at the Hotel Lafayette...so nice and fun. The rooms were like apartments and the bar down stairs was great. The baristas in the morning was an art form. Such a good time walking around the city all day bar hopping soaking in the feel of downtown in the afternoon, haven't done that in ages.

Really love Buffalo, we want to do that several more times this summer....any places we should not miss in the afternoon and night. I used to live in Allentown back in the day and was in downtown alot...of course it's all changed now but you get a feeling of something cool brewing there.

Go Buffalo!

Downtown is taking off. I miss working down there. After Mohawk closed I spent most of that year tending bar at Mike A's in the Lafayette and Tappo, now it feels like I hardly get down there (even though I can drive downtown in four minutes). Toutant is great, the Big Ditch Brewery looks awesome, Marble & Rye are almost open, new joints popping up on Main, it's pretty exciting.
They can take our xpatsxpats, but they can never take our FREEDOM!!!!!

donkeypunch
mustard tiger

Postby donkeypunch » June 8th, 2015, 12:19pm

Went to Tappo after the Book of Mormon...great place. Anybody ever go to that Ditch Brewery across the street...seemed to be packed.

They also had some sort of of fake 5k or something....a person in front carrying a pink elephant and about 100 runners with race tags on running from bar to bar. pretty cool.

yellow ed
Fairly Handsome Overloard

Postby yellow ed » June 8th, 2015, 2:14pm

donkeypunch wrote:Went to Tappo after the Book of Mormon...great place. Anybody ever go to that Ditch Brewery across the street...seemed to be packed.

They also had some sort of of fake 5k or something....a person in front carrying a pink elephant and about 100 runners with race tags on running from bar to bar. pretty cool.

haven't been to Big Ditch yet. their beers are pretty good and the building looks great.
They can take our xpatsxpats, but they can never take our FREEDOM!!!!!

donkeypunch
mustard tiger

Postby donkeypunch » June 8th, 2015, 4:34pm

they opened the three garage doors on the side just as we were leaving Tappo. Still need to get to Resurgence.

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » July 23rd, 2015, 7:15am

Walt, is that you?

Return to “General Discussion”