Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Talk about everything related to guitar and bass.

Moderators: guitarmartin416, Admin Team

gjcamann

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby gjcamann » November 5th, 2013, 8:25am

Are you that skinny little guy that worked there? Good luck. I had a Seagull setup there, and can't believe how great the action is. Good luck with the business!

geenie67

Postby geenie67 » November 7th, 2013, 2:34am

Hi, thank you. Yes I'm the skinny little guy who worked there?....no I had a great time tweaking, building, and restoring guitars etc. I'm so glad that your guitar performed a bit better than your expectations. Action is up to the beholder. After you took it home, or to a gig, is when the real critique happens, not at the shop. Play on effortlessly my friend! Tanx, Gene.

Roving Minstrel

Postby Roving Minstrel » November 11th, 2013, 3:43pm

The new guy at the guitar banjo repair works has done some good work but he has also made a number of careless blunders on some of my friends instruments. Of course, those guys don't go back so he probably doesn't know about them. They tell my they never will go back.

Sue
Welcoming Committee - Chairman

Postby Sue » November 12th, 2013, 5:12pm

So, what competing guitar workshop do you work for?

geenie67

Postby geenie67 » November 17th, 2013, 12:14pm

Geez....I've been open for 10 days in which I delivered one scalloped electric with gouged frets from a mishap. The customer brought it in, referred to me from another customer....he brought in another for custom fretwork and was ticked pink with both! Two acoustics were delivered with equally satisfied results and happiness. Does this person writing about blunders have the right shop? ..or be on the right planet?

Agent Bob

Postby Agent Bob » December 10th, 2013, 9:03am

Yes, the other person does have the corect information. I have been a booking agent in the Buffalo area for more than thirty years and personally know several hundred musicians.

As to your opening remarks of 'never saying anyting negative' about other repair people, then, in the same sentance, suggesting a previous negative reputation, you must be in space, yourself, contradicting your own words. The previous shop, The Guitar Guild, was widly praised by the vast majority of professional musicians I have worked with.

Of course, you only know what people say to you and many choose not to say anything when they're not happy. They just dont go back but they do tell their friends. I know several who won't go back to your shop and that started when you were there, before taking over.

Talking about reputation, what I reutinely hear is that you come across as a 'knoow-it-all'. Generally, what I hear is something like, "When Gene tells you something, it's not like he is just giving you information. It's more like he trying so hard to convince you that he's the absolute expert". "A bad attitude" is what I often hear.

Sue

Postby Sue » December 10th, 2013, 4:46pm

I think the only way to really resolve this is if you guys all stick around and start posting in other parts of the board! Be contributing members, tell your friends!

geenie67

Postby geenie67 » December 15th, 2013, 6:10pm

Oh Boy! What's this all about? Hey mister booking agent, 30 years, just like you told every customer you've been repairing guitars for 30 years...h'mm? Agent Bob? Sounds like someone I know named Bobby also, real original! You personally know several hundreds of pro musicians? I think you know about three. By the way, those squiggly line are there for those who cannot spell, just like the vast majority of spelling errors that were on almost every repair order. Learn to utilize them mister PhD .( that's a lie too! )
Then we have myself, suggesting a previous negative reputation. The previous shop, "The Guitar Guild"... well for your information, in case you cannot read either, while I was working there, I did build a positive reputation for the SHOP, regardless of any complaints, some which were on posts elsewhere on this forum.
Now the statement of not naming anyone including myself. Where's the contradiction?
To the next point. The vast majority of pro musicians you've worked with? You only know about three! You can't play more than three cords, E, A, and B, and you bungle them up consistently!
Now about the date, and time of your posting. A day after, or so after that I refused to return a ladder, a shop fixture. It wasn't on schedule "A "of the legal document giving me the entire contents of the shop for one dollar, yes Virginia, a mere dollar for all those tools, supply's, furniture, and fixtures! ( sounds like user Bob has too much information here) Learn to use those squiggly lines, again you misspell routinely!
Getting "Closer to My Home"...Gene? How do you know my name? Geenie is just a user name like yours. My name could be Carem Abdul Jabar, or Mercury, Mustang, Matador? Montego! Maybe Monte Carlo, Malibu, Mecur, Monza! MGA, Matra, or Mercedes!
I suggest you not attempt any repairs, or try to fix anything. You can't fix lunch Goody!

Sue

Postby Sue » December 17th, 2013, 2:47pm

Too bad they don't have the green squiggly lines for grammar and usage.

Also you may notice that in the second post from the top, you wrote "Tanx, Gene." which might be why he thought your name was Gene.

Not to take sides though. Carry on! :popcorn:

geenie67

Postby geenie67 » December 18th, 2013, 12:13am

Hi. Your so right about the name. I like the emoticon, it's so fitting. Have a seat, have some munchies, and scroll to the beat of the blogomania!

Sue

Postby Sue » December 18th, 2013, 9:32am

Fyi that bag of popcorn was nine dollars.

es5

Postby es5 » December 19th, 2013, 12:14am

Hi. <[email protected]> or call 912-4052 from 9:00 am till 9:00 pm Monday Through Saturday. No Sundays please....football and hockey night in Canada, sometimes. Oh well, it's the thought that counts! ([email protected] has been expunged recently) Stop in the shop the same hours. I'm always there working, or building more benches and such. Thank You, Eugene.

es5

Hi. <[email protected]> or call 912-4052 from 9:00 am till 9:00 pm Monday Through Saturday. No Sundays please....football and hockey night in Canada, sometimes. Oh well, it's the thought that counts! ([email protected] has been expunged recently) Stop in the shop the same hours. I'm always there working, or building more benches and such. Thank You, Eugene.

es5

yellow ed
Fairly Handsome Overloard

Postby yellow ed » December 19th, 2013, 1:26pm

oh good, yet another new account.
They can take our xpatsxpats, but they can never take our FREEDOM!!!!!

Return to “Guitar and Bass Forum”