Favorite Amp

Talk about everything related to guitar and bass.

Moderators: guitarmartin416, Admin Team

What's your favorite amp?

Total votes: 0

ddspeaker

Postby ddspeaker » January 4th, 2006, 4:27pm

I'm the big Ampeg VH-140C solid state guy! I used many and the quick pick attack for metal is amazing. There's something about the warmth that is so close to a tube amp that I can't explain unless someone plays one!

Cleans are just as good as a Roland Jazz chorus as well! Turn the gain back 2 notches and you got a great blues crunch.

There are a few different versions of this particular pre- amp circuit so make sure to check with SLM on the model # as the earlier models will give you the grind and warmth. Don't be fooled by people who say the "SS" versions are the same. NOT! Unless you're a treble monster then stay away.

Come on...built in Reverb , channel switching, and a true stereo chorus all in one foot switch!! High gain that rivals a Mesa or Bogner without the FLAB and noise! Been using the preamp outs with a Boogie 50/50 power amp (6L6) with tremendous results. The built in power amp isn't bad either.

Try one.....you'll like it!

danimaltheman
Admin Team

Postby danimaltheman » January 4th, 2006, 8:32pm

5150 for distorted channel.
Fender Princeton Chorus for cleans.

Exocaster

Postby Exocaster » January 5th, 2006, 9:54am

danimaltheman wrote:5150 for distorted channel.
Fender Princeton Chorus for cleans.

Are you A/B switching between these now? I'll bet that would sound hella nice...
--E.

theonlyone
no, not <i>that</i> holding pattern

Postby theonlyone » January 5th, 2006, 12:18pm

when i'm not super lazy......i A/B between a marshall jcm800 for dirty and a fender bassman for clean

yeah it does sound awesome

Jer

Postby Jer » January 5th, 2006, 4:27pm

holy march 2004 batman...
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others,
are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams.

6AM

Postby 6AM » January 5th, 2006, 4:46pm

Yeah man, this is a zombie thread! :yikes:

Return to “Guitar and Bass Forum”