Guitar painting service?

Talk about everything related to guitar and bass.

Moderators: guitarmartin416, Admin Team

ThursdayCat

Guitar painting service?

Postby ThursdayCat » February 23rd, 2010, 9:42pm

Does anyone know a local shop or person who does paint jobs for guitars? I have a guitar I'd love to have painted in the most ridiculous lime green.
"I will kick you in the tights, you are extremely top heavy"
Myspace.com/Tigersleepmusic

chrisp2u

Re: Guitar painting service?

Postby chrisp2u » February 24th, 2010, 10:44am

ThursdayCat wrote:Does anyone know a local shop or person who does paint jobs for guitars? I have a guitar I'd love to have painted in the most ridiculous lime green.

Not sure who there is locally, but if you want the best in the biz and don't mind shipping, there's this guy...

http://www.wilkinsguitars.com/custompaint.htm

He does paint for a lot of boutique instrument builders and also does restoration. Awesome work and reasonable pricing from what I've seen.
---
c

BuffaloBass

Postby BuffaloBass » March 11th, 2010, 10:53pm

Was a dude in Craglst locally recently.

blickenstafftom

Postby blickenstafftom » May 5th, 2011, 11:32pm

If you can ship your guitar to Jacksonville Fl. I would be glad to paint it any color you would like.
I have over 25 years of painting experiance. checkout my pics
http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/z36 ... ?start=all

blickenstafftom

Postby blickenstafftom » May 5th, 2011, 11:43pm

I was the dude on craigslist if it was in jacksonville Fl.
heres some pics
http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/z36 ... ?start=all

4fingers

Postby 4fingers » July 19th, 2011, 6:30am

Dino's Guitar and amp service, Hamburg. 716-597-6341.
"CRAVE"
http://www.Cravetheband.net
Play hard or stay home!

shanebassman66

Postby shanebassman66 » July 28th, 2011, 6:36pm

Try Jason Widger - Iron Art Cycles - (716) 801 - 0806
He has done most everything including Guitars.

BuffaloBass

Postby BuffaloBass » July 30th, 2011, 12:20pm

I had Pat Wilkins do my Lakland up in a '96 Honda Civic black currant pearl. Flawless.

Smedley

Postby Smedley » June 26th, 2013, 4:57pm

This hack screwed up my guitar and when I calmly called him to let him know that there were problems with his Sustainiac and Ghost install, he started screaming at me at the top of his lungs. Then he hung up on me. I called him back and asked him, still very calmly, why he was acting so irrationally and he said and I quote: "This is who Dino is, get used to it." He also blurted out how working on my guitar took years off of his life. He is a hack and a lunatic and a liar.

I complained to the BBB, but couldn't find any of the receipts. He told Jessica at the BBB that he never worked on my guitar. Subsequently, I did find a receipt for a down payment on the Jackson. So, he lied to the BBB.

Unfortunately, I have to give yet another dismal review of Charles, the guitar repairman from Guitar Factory in West Seneca. I brought in a guitar to him a few months ago for a basic setup. He says it will take a week or two to complete. He takes a month. Okay, shit happens.

I bring another guitar in to Charles for minor repairs. He says it will take a week or two. It took him two freaking months. Okay, I'm a patient guy, shit happens...............

So, like an idiot, I bring him another guitar for repair this past June 25th. Three or four weeks go by and no word from Charles. I call him up and he says he can't figure out what's wrong with the guitar (it was producing no signal - it's just a couple of pickups and some capacitors and resistors - it ain't rocket science). I actually had to suggest a basic trouble shoot (me, the two left-thumb ignoramus) and he said he would get right on it. That was two weeks ago.

So, I call him yesterday and he asks me, what do you want me to do with this guitar? A bit perplexed and perturbed that he would ask me this, I asked him if he did what we had agreed upon per our last phone conversation. With a major attitude, like some snot-nosed little kid, as if I was a complete ass for asking, he says, "Noooooo." I asked him why and he stated that when his boss tells him to do a repair for a friend of the boss, he has to stop what he's doing and do what the boss tells him.

So apparently, he was working on my guitar (or not) when he could fit it in in between doing repairs for friends of the store manager. And again, instead of being apologetic about it, Charles gave me a majorly snotty attitude for having the gall to be angry over this. So, I went to Guitar Factory straight away and retrieved my guitar (and complained to the manager just a few minutes ago by phone).

At this point I'm at a loss as to where to take my guitar for repairs. Pete Schmidt from Suburban Guitar Repair is even worse. He told me he would have my guitar fixed in a few weeks and still hadn't finished it after 4 months. When I emailed him to complain he got offended and told me to pick up my guitar. Is everyone going nuts, or is it just me?

Is there any competent, mentally stable guitar repairman in Western NY? If there is, please let me know.

YoxDesigns

Postby YoxDesigns » May 4th, 2014, 9:39am

Yox Designs is a full service shop, ranging from full build customs to restorations, basic maintenance and set ups to body/electronics modifications and paint jobs/custom airbrush art. I'm a direct dealer for parts and equipment so, I do not pay retail at the local store for parts then hit you with an upcharge. Yox Designs is also a certified/licensed for repair/restoration for many manufacturers. All work guaranteed for quality and your satisfaction so give me a call 716-217-1YOX, or find me at Yox Designs on Facebook or www.yox.biz
If you can think it Yox can do it!

Return to “Guitar and Bass Forum”